I’m currently pursuing my PhD in Computer Science at the Technion – Israel Institute of Technology, under the supervision of Prof. Gala Yadgar.
My research interests include:
- Edge computing
- Virtual network embedding for distributed systems
- Performance and reliability in storage systems
My research focuses on the challenges of managing load in distributed edge systems. I study issues surrounding the optimal allocation of services for mobile users and the service capacity of distributed storage systems operating at the network’s edge.
- Theory vs. Practice in Modeling Edge Storage Systems
Oleg Kolosov, Mehmet Aktas, Emina Soljanin, Gala Yadgar. To appear in IEEE IPCCC 2023.
- PASE: Pro-active Service Embedding in The Mobile Edge
Oleg Kolosov, Gala Yadgar, David Breitgand, Dean H. Lorenz. ICDCS 2023.
- Benchmarking in The Dark: On the Absence of Comprehensive Edge Datasets
Oleg Kolosov, Gala Yadgar, Sumit Maheshwari, and Emina Soljanin. USENIX HotEdge ’20.
- On Fault Tolerance, Locality, and Optimality in Locally Repairable Codes
Oleg Kolosov, Gala Yadgar, Matan Liram, Itzhak Tamo, and Alexander Barg. ACM Transactions on Storage (TOS). Volume 16, Issue 2, May 2020.
- Modeling The Edge: Peer-to-Peer Reincarnated
Gala Yadgar, Oleg Kolosov, Mehmet Fatih Aktas, Emina Soljanin. USENIX HotEdge ’19.
- On Fault Tolerance, Locality, and Optimality of Locally Repairable Codes
Oleg Kolosov, Gala Yadgar, Matan Liram, Itzhak Tamo, Alexander Barg. USENIX ATC ’18.